- May 18, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Business plans
ThistlePraxis Consulting is a Management Consulting firm that assists organizations in all sectors improve their organizational effectiveness and business operations to achieve sustainable growth and profitability through the delivery of innovative solutions, using effective strategies. In a summarized focus through a six-point portfolio, our committed teams and seasoned faulty of experts’ advocate standards, responsibility and sustainability as key elements for ensuring profitability and tangible impact.
Our track record of value is hinged on an increasing list of satisfied clients and investments in pragmatic products and thought leadership initiatives that resonate with targets, every time. At ThistlePraxis, our vision is hinged on facilitating the development of a more responsible business environment in Nigeria and Africa knowing well that organizations achieve sustainable organizational growth when they integrate their corporate values with sustainable, socially responsible policies, processes and reporting throughout their organizations.
Role: Consultant, Projects & Research
Location: Lagos (with travel)
We are looking for an experienced Consultant with good knowledge of Project Management and Consulting. He/she will be responsible for managing client engagements, strategy and business development, managing and organizing key projects. This role will include coordinating resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects, ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget while ensuring resource availability and allocation.
This role covers all aspects of a project from the beginning stages through to completion, proposals
and clients interfacing. This includes:
- Working with the relevant enior consultants on implementing strategy and operational framework for the execution of all TPC projects, consultancies and income streams in line with the vision of the company;
- Contribute to strategy in the development of client briefs with the research and business development teams;
- Working with relevant teams in the development of strategy for new business leads and prospects, working closely with the Senior Consultants;
- Provide support in the development of client pitches and new projects for the short term and long term sustainability of ThistlePraxis and her offshoots/subsidiaries;
- Identify business opportunities in line with the broader vision of the company;
- Participate in client interface meetings as required and implementation of decisions;
- Provide regular progress reports to Senior Consultants and Lead Consultant;
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Provide advice on the management of projects
- Organise the various professional people working on a projects
- Bachelors degree is required, Masters degree is desirable;
- Proven work experience (at least 3 – 5 years) as a project manager on a large/nation-wide project in the development sector
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client-facing and interpersonal skills
- Smart and proactive attitude to work, with a sense of service
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
Role: Senior Consultant, Strategy & External Relations
Location: Lagos (with travel)
The Senior Consultant’s key responsibilities will include creating a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment with the aim of winning new business as well as managing the strategic development of client solutions. In addition, he/she will be responsible for nurturing the organization’s positive external profile by acting as an outward facing thought leader. You will be responsible for maintaining and growing ThistlePraxis’ business and client base on an ongoing and project basis, creating and maintaining relationships with existing and potential clients, developing strategic solutions and plans that best fit the organization and clients’ needs.
In this role, you will manage the consulting process to ensure that clients and agency are aligned on key performance metrics, establishing realistic engagement goals, providing accountability through reporting and analytics, and providing optimized strategies moving forward. You will also ensure that ThistlePraxis provides:
- Sound and international standard solutions to her clients
- Innovator and influencer level communications and content.
- A consistently superior quality of work.
As the Senior Consultant, Strategy & External Relations you will have overall responsibility for leading client strategic services effort. Within the organization, you will work closely with relevant teams in developing plans, recommendations and deliverables and manage the relationship with new and existing assigned clients, faculty, media partners and potential partners.
This role covers all aspects of a project from the beginning stages through to completion, proposals and clients interfacing. This includes:
- Initiate strategy and operational framework for the execution of all TPC projects and businesses/income streams in line with the vision of the company.
- Provide direction on strategy in the development of client briefs with Research Development Consultant and Business Development Consultants.
- Initiate client pitches and new projects for the short term and long term sustainability of the company (and her offshoots or subsidiaries)
- Identify business opportunities in line with the broader vision of the company
- Interface with clients and ensure implementation of decisions and communication of same details to clients, working with the Research Development Consultant, Business Development Consultant and Programs Consultant
- Identifying the right opportunities across industry sectors and partnerships that align with the ThistlePraxis’ ongoing strategy;
- Maintaining and developing prospective client and key strategic partners network;
- Developing integrated strategies and tactical plans to meet and exceed the client’s business goals and objectives;
- Generating and driving insight for internal and client audiences around media, brands, consumers, and experiences;
- Representing ThistlePraxis at conferences, events and symposiums;
- Supervising research, analyses and insights into latest industry trends;
- Positioning ThistlePraxis with key industry influencers and thought leaders;
- Leading and managing new business prospects;
- Growing and developing existing client accounts;
- Providing direction on strategy in the development of client briefs with Research Team;
- Double as Media Liaison or Public Affairs and Communication Officer
- Provide regular progress reports to Lead Consultants/CEO
- 8+ years’ work experience including senior management experience in a professional services firm
- MBA/Masters/Certification in a sustainability/communications related field
- Typical experience in Sustainability, communication, sustainable development, consulting, thought leadership
- Knowledge & skills – Business Management, Communication, Sustainability and Sustainable Development
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities
Competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a substantive cover letter describing interest in the position and qualifications, resume/CV, salary history, and one writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMAIL SUBJECT SHOULD REFER TO THE ROLE BEING APPLIED FOR.